[Introspective] Performance DVD

ebrion@libertysurf.fr ebrion at libertysurf.fr
Sun Oct 31 14:04:49 PST 2004

Hello Petheads,

I am currently watching the Performance DVD that I bought yesterday at Amoeba. It's really awesome. I already own the Video version, but it's even better. Sound, image, everything...

Please everybody that never saw it, you HAVE to buy the DVD. I saw all the performances that the PSB have done in France, but honestly, nothing was ever close to Performance. I must say the last concert they did in Brussels was fabulous because the venue was small, and the "ambiance" (whatever that word should be in English) was amazing, with super-fans from France, Germany and Netherlands traveling to Brussels on purpose for the concert. (and Hello to Kalle and his other super nice friends)

But the PSB invested so much on Performance, not only money, money is obvious here, no wonder they lost money on this tour). It's like all the themes that they express in their songs, they have put them into images, scenes, etc... with beautiful costumes, sets, dancers, etc... in Performance. With This must be the place, my favourite PSB song as a powerful beginning and even continuing theme inside the concert.

I don't know if some people on this list were there the 18th of April 1991 at the Zenith in Paris (Gilles, maybe?), but it was my first PSB concert, and honestly, the DVD has transported me back there, I was almost crying when This must be the place began.

Anyway, right now I hate my friend who has a 5000 dollar digital projector, even though I am generally not really for them... I can only imagine watching the DVD on a wall with the sound real loud!

Sorry for the long nostalgic and personal post!

I wish a great Halloween to those celebrating it.
Elisabeth

************************ ADSL ILLIMITE TISCALI + TELEPHONE GRATUIT ************************
Surfez 40 fois plus vite pour 30EUR/mois seulement !  Et téléphonez partout en France gratuitement,
vers les postes fixes (hors numéros spéciaux). Tarifs très avantageux vers les mobiles et l'international !
Pour profiter de cette offre exceptionnelle, cliquez ici : http://register.tiscali.fr/adsl  (voir conditions sur le site)