[Introspective] Re: Challenge accepted

Paolo Bientinesi pauldj at cs.utexas.edu
Wed Oct 27 14:07:36 PDT 2004

From: DeHawkinz <rgartside at lineone.net>

> My FANatic classification system:
>
> 1:  considers 50% or more of songs to be tolerable, but does not own any
> copies.
> 2:  meets criteria 1 and owns at least 1 item.
> 3: meets criteria 1 and owns at least 1 album AND 1 single (any format).
> 4: meets criteria 3 and total items exceeds 5 items.
> 5: meets criteria 3 and total items exceeds 10 items.
> 6: meets criteria 3 and collection exceeds 20 items.
> 7: meets criteria 6 and has been to a live performance.
> 8: meets criteria 7 and has over 90% of merchandise available.
> 9: meets criteria 7, has over 95% of merchandise available and has paid
> over 5 times the retail value of at least 2 items.
> 10: meets criteria 9 and has exceeded it on at least 5 separate occaisions.

Here is a 10.
Exceeding the retail value by 5 times sucks ass, but that's what you do when
you are caught by the 'buy-them-all' fever and you don't have time to check
for the best possible deals on every single item you find.
A possible reason for this, is that feeling that tells you you may miss the
chance and never find that item ever again (this actually happened to me with
the Retrospective album.. grrrr).

For that matter I am even 11:
I inadvertely bought items I already had -by mistake!- (not remembering or
so...). damn fever! :-)

--
PaulDj

pauldj at cs.utexas.edu                 paolo.bientinesi at iit.cnr.it