[Introspective] Challenge accepted

Zvonko Nikolich lureofthesea at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 26 21:08:38 PDT 2004

I'm an 8.5, but really feel like a 10, have just been a careful shopper.
Money can't measure my love for the PSB! ;)

I have been hooked on their music since around 1987, when I was a teenager
growing up in Yugoslavia.  Their video for "Domino Dancing" was magical to
me - I thought the song was perfect, and the video, too (it features two hot
boys and one hot girl, shot in amazing Puerto Rico).  I adore the song and
the vid to this day.  Introspective was my first PSB album and I never grew
tired of it.  Today, I own all their albums and many rarities.  One of my
favorite PSB songs has to be "To Step Aside."  I really like "We're the Pet
Shop Boys" and I sought out the very rare original track by My Robot Friend
(anyone want?).

The craziest PSB-related thing I've ever done?  In 1999, I snuck out of work
early, drove an hour to New York for the signing at the Virgin Megastore in
Times Square.  Parked illegally for a couple of hours (it's a miracle that
the car didn't get towed).  Realized a special pass was necessary to get in
to the signing, but managed to run in after an hour of lurking until an
opportunity came up.  Didn't have anything for Neil and Chris to sign,
except a laminated street map of Manhattan; NYCB was the current single so I
asked Neil to sign my map "where 7th Avenue meets Broadway"... we shook
hands and I thanked them for their music...