[Introspective] Challenge accepted

DeHawkinz rgartside at lineone.net
Tue Oct 26 13:00:06 PDT 2004

anita wrote:

[SNIP]

>that being said, if the forum is so dead, do something to liven it up that doesn't involve criticizing a staple of the psb world.  tell us what made you a pethead, shows you've seen, your fave album or single, ANYTHING.

OK, as a long time lurker who comes and goes, but does still appreciate
the list, I will accept the challenge/suggestion of what made me a
pethead.  I have to say at this point I am only a class 6 person (see
list below for explaination)  I first heard of the Boys back in the 90's
when my brother decided he liked them because of their "intellectual"
lyrics (OK he *is* a college don).  The first track I heard was West End
Girls, and my bro and I subsequently acquired a taped copy of Actually.
The first genuine article purchased was by my bro, and it was the 12" of
WHIDTDT.  My first purchase was Behaviour. I own most of the albums on
CD, most cd singles since Bilingual, and only one video/dvd (nightlife
tour VHS)

My FANatic classification system:

1:  considers 50% or more of songs to be tolerable, but does not own any
copies.
2:  meets criteria 1 and owns at least 1 item.
3: meets criteria 1 and owns at least 1 album AND 1 single (any format).
4: meets criteria 3 and total items exceeds 5 items.
5: meets criteria 3 and total items exceeds 10 items.
6: meets criteria 3 and collection exceeds 20 items.
7: meets criteria 6 and has been to a live performance.
8: meets criteria 7 and has over 90% of merchandise available.
9: meets criteria 7, has over 95% of merchandise available and has paid
over 5 times the retail value of at least 2 items.
10: meets criteria 9 and has exceeded it on at least 5 separate occaisions.

I expect most of the readers on this list will be category 8 or above.
I know that this classification system is a bit simplistic, but hey so
am I!!!