[Introspective] Final results of "Why no U.S. comeback?" PSB poll

psbfan psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 20 22:12:44 PST 2004

The final results are in for my poll last week, in which I asked my site
visitors what they feel is the main reason why the Pet Shop Boys (unlike
Duran Duran) haven't been able to enjoy a major "comeback" in the U.S.
since the 1980s. And the response that received the most votes was:

* "Because most Americans don't 'get' the Pet Shop Boys and find them
confusing, whereas with Duran Duran there's not much to 'get'," with 25.4%
of the total vote.

http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and click on the "Survey Results"
button in the left navigation bar.

Of course, this means I have a new poll for the week ahead. This time I'm
using a variation on the old "Desert Island Discs" concept. If you were
stranded on a desert island with a functional CD player and could have only
ten albums of your choice with you, how many of those ten would be by the
Pet Shop Boys? So please take a moment to think this over and then to make
your choice right there on my home page. And thanks to the person -- who
prefers to remain anonymous -- who suggested this question to me!

Thanks also to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And here's wishing
you all a wonderful week ahead -- including, for those of you who celebrate
Thanksgiving, a wonderful holiday!