[Introspective] Final results of "How will PSB be remembered?" poll

psbfan psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 13 22:21:30 PST 2004

site visitors how they think the Pet Shop Boys will be most remembered --
rightly or wrongly -- a decade or more after the end of their career. And
the response that received the largest number of votes was:

* "As an 'eighties band'," which received 18.4% of the total vote (you
could make up to three choices) and was selected by 45.9% of the individual
voters.

http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and click on the "Survey Results"
button in the left navigation bar.

My new poll for the week ahead is trying something a little different. I'm
making a direct comparison of sorts between PSB and another band -- in this
case, Duran Duran. With their hot new single "Sunrise," Duran Duran seems
poised for their *second* major comeback in the U.S. since their eighties
heyday. I'm wondering what you think is the primary reason that such a
post-eighties comeback has so far eluded the Pet Shop Boys in the U.S. Yes,
there's probably more reason than one, but I'm curious as to what you think
is the *main* one. So please take a moment to make your choice right there
on my home page.

Thanks to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I hope you all have
a delightful week ahead!