[Introspective] Final results of PSB "covers album" poll

psbfan psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 6 22:04:05 PST 2004

site visitors whether they feel the Pet Shop Boys should release a studio
album of "cover songs," many of which they have already performed live in
concert. And the response that received the largest number of votes was:

* "Yes, they should definitely do it!" with 31.7% of the total vote.

It was a pretty close contest, however. To see the complete results, please
visit my "Commentary" site at http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and click
on the "Past Surveys" button in the left navigation bar.

Of course, I now have a new poll for the coming week. This time I'm asking
you to think ahead to the future -- to a time at least a full decade after
the end of the Pet Shop Boys' career. In terms of their legacy to popular
music, how do you think they will be most remembered, rightly or wrongly?
I've provided a pretty good assortment of possible responses, and in this
poll you can pick up to three of them to express how you think they'll be
remembered. But please choose how you think they actually *will* be
remembered -- not necessarily how you think they *should* be remembered.
Thanks to Niall for suggesting this question!

Thanks also to everyone who voted in last week's survey!  And here's
wishing you all a superb week ahead!