[Introspective] Final results of "PSB fan demographic" poll on professional fields

psbfan psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 20 22:12:37 PST 2004

The final results are in of my (admittedly unscientific) "fan demographics"
survey this past week, in which I asked my site visitors to identify their
professional field. And the one that received the largest number of votes
was:

* "Computers," with 18.0% of the final vote.

To be sure, this outcome may underscore the fact that this survey was
conducted online. In other words, perhaps computer-related professions are
more common among Pet Shop Boys fans who regularly use the Internet -- and
therefore are perhaps frequent visitors to my website -- than other PSB
fans who may not use the Internet as often. It's interesting to note that
the second-place category was "Undetermined/undecided," which perhaps
consists largely of students who haven't yet settled into a particular
professional field. At any rate, you can see the complete results by
visiting my "Commentary" site at http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and
clicking on the link to "Past Survey Results" in the left navigation bar.

Of course, I now have a new poll for the week ahead. If you recall, a few
weeks ago I noted that the Pet Shop Boys had been named the fourth most
successful artist in the history of the U.S. dance charts. So I'm wondering
which of the other top ten dance artists (at least in the U.S.) might be
your own personal favorite (aside from the Boys, that is ;-). Please take a
moment to vote right there on the home page of my site.

Thanks to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I hope you all have
a great week ahead!