[Introspective] Final results of PSB "enhanced audio" poll

psbfan psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 3 22:07:23 PDT 2004

The final results are in for my Pet Shop Boys poll this past week, in which
I asked my site visitors what their likely purchasing decision would be in
the event that PSB albums are re-released in "enhanced audio" format (such
as DVD-Audio or SACD) at some point in the near future. And the response
that received the largest number of votes was:

* "No, I wouldn't buy any because enhanced audio isn't a good enough reason
to buy the same albums again -- especially at a higher price," with 27.8%
of the total vote.

I have to admit, that one surprised me. At any rate, to see the complete
results, please visit my "Commentary" site at
http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and click on the link to "Past Survey
Results" in the left navigation bar.

My new poll for the week ahead is an especially timely one. No doubt we all
(or at least nearly all) heard the news last week that Chris and Neil have
written and will perform and record a new score for the 1925 silent film
"Battleship Potemkin." I'm simply wondering what you think of this news. So
please take a moment to vote right there on the home page of my site.

Thanks to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I hope you all have
a marvelous week ahead -- and here's wishing a happy and safe Independence
Day to my fellow U.S. PSB fans!