[Introspective] Final results of poll on which PopArt disc you prefer listening to

psbfan psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 7 22:10:08 PST 2004

The final results are in of my Pet Shop Boys poll this past week, in which
I asked my site visitors which of the PopArt discs they prefer listening
to. And the response that received the most votes was:

* "Art," with 30.0% of the total vote.

This outcome itself didn't really surprise me, but its margin of "victory"
(so to speak) did. "Art" received nearly *three* times as many votes as
"Pop" (although this doesn't count voters who said that they listened to
both discs equally). And, perhaps even more surprisingly, the bonus "Mix"
disc received more votes than "Pop" as well! To see the complete results,
please visit my "Commentary" site at http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm
and click on the link to "Past Survey Results" in the left navigation bar.

Of course, this means I have a new survey for the week ahead. And once
again it's related to PopArt. Neil has said on more than one occasion that
the process of choosing which of their hits belonged on "Pop" and which
belonged on "Art" made for an interesting "game." So let's all play! This
week I'm asking you to choose which songs from each disc you believe should
have gone on the *other* disc. So please take a few moments to make your
choices right there on my home page.

Thanks to everyone who voted in last week's survey (which, incidentally,
set a new record for the largest number of voters in any of my polls --
again attributable, no doubt, to the link on the official PSB site). And I
hope all of you have a terrific week ahead!