[Introspective] Final results of "PSB on the radio" poll

psbfan psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 11 22:15:16 PST 2004

site visitors about how often, in general, they hear music by the Pet Shop
Boys on the radio. And (much to my surprise), the response that received
the most votes was:

* "Never -- because I seldom if ever listen to the radio," with 31.7% of
the total vote.

My personal surprise stems from the fact that I wouldn't have thought that
so many of us don't listen to the radio. A commentary on the state of
contemporary music, perhaps. At any rate, to see the complete results,
please visit my "Commentary" site at http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm
and click on the "Past Surveys" left navigation button.

Naturally, I now have a new poll for the week ahead. This time I'm
wondering what, in general, is your favorite type of remix. I've provided
several very broad categories to choose from, along with some examples of
each type from the PSB catalog. But please base your choice on the category
in general rather than merely on the specific examples I provide. I'll
leave it up to you whether to base your choice solely on remixes of Pet
Shop Boys tracks or on remixes in general. So please take a moment to take
part in this poll right there on the homepage of my site.

Thanks to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I hope you all have
a most excellent week ahead!