[Introspective] Final results of "Are you going to attend Potemkin?" survey

psbfan psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 28 22:12:20 PDT 2004

The final results are in for my Pet Shop Boys survey this past week, in
which I asked my site visitors whether they were planning to attend the
Boys' premiere of their score for the silent film "Battleship Potemkin" in
London on September 12. And the response that received the most votes was:

* "No -- and I don't live in the U.K." with 60.5% of the total vote.

But I was pleased to see that a number of voters who don't live in the U.K.
*were* planning to attend. To see the complete results, please visit my
"Commentary" site at http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and click on the
link to "Past Survey Results" in the left navigation bar.

For my new poll for the week ahead, I'm asking a question that's a bit off
the beaten track, so to speak. As you know, the Boys were known for not
smiling in their photos and other public presentations during the early
years of their career. But they later abandoned that aspect of their image
and are nowadays quite often seen smiling. I'm wondering whether you're
glad about this change in their image, or whether you would have preferred
that they stick with the "no smiles" policy. So please take a moment to
vote in this poll right there on my home page.

Thanks to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I hope you all have
a very smile-filled week ahead!