[Introspective] Final results of PSB album ranking poll

psbfan psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 24 22:05:48 PDT 2004

The final results are in of my survey this past week, in which I asked my site visitors to rank the Pet Shop Boys' eight "studio albums" from 1 to 8, with 1 being their favorite and 8 their least favorite. With the help of an Excel spreadsheet, I've compiled the rankings and calculated the averages. And the album that ended up with both the highest average ranking and the highest number of #1 votes was:
* "Very," with an average ranking of 2.991 and 69 #1 votes (out of 222 voters).
To see the complete results, please visit my "Commentary" page at http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and click on the link to "Past Survey Results" in the left navigation bar.
By the way, I've added a new animated graphic to my home page which I hope you'll like. But it's a Java applet that some site visitors may not be able to see without a recent version of the Java Runtime Environment installed on their computer. In fact, some of you may get an automatic prompt to install the latest JRE when you visit my site. If this happens and you're bothered by this, or if you're unable to see the graphic, please let me know at psbfan at earthlink.net. I don't want to have anything on my home page that bothers or annoys my site visitors or that they can't see, so if I hear from many of you about this, I'll remove the animated graphic and restore my old changing images of the Boys. But if you can see the animation, you may enjoy "playing" with it since it responds to interaction with your mouse. And you can always stop and restart the animation simply by clicking on it.
Meanwhile, I of course have a new poll for the week ahead. And it's a follow-up to last week's poll, suggested by input from several site visitors, but originally inspired by a suggestion I received several months ago from Tomas. (Thanks!) This time I'd like for you to rank the three "Disco" albums from 1 to 3, with 1 as your favorite and 3 your least favorite. As always, you can do this right there on my home page.
Thanks to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I hope you all have a marvelous week ahead!