[Introspective] Re: DM banned

River Rat tduflo at northnet.org
Thu Apr 1 16:11:39 PST 2004

>Unfortunately,
>Depeche Mode are one of the first bands to be victims of
>this. A number of tunes, including fan favorites such as
>"Personal Jesus", "Sea Of Sin" amd "I Want You Now" have
>effectively been banned from U.S. airwaves.

This sounds like one of those Internet hoaxes that get passed around from
time to time that everybody panics about and gets everyone all riled up.
Either that, or a Depeche Mode publicity stunt.

After all, when was the last time Depeche Mode actually got played on U.S.
Radio?  I haven't heard a song from them on the radio in at least 10 years.
If the U.S. government really wanted to "ban" songs from the radio (which
they can't do anyway), they'd pick someone that's actually being played on
the radio !