[Introspective] Re: DM songs banned on the US radio

Michael schwenko at ix.netcom.com
Thu Apr 1 15:16:39 PST 2004

ebrion at libertysurf.fr "  wrote:

Hello
since lots of people here are also fans of Depeche Mode,
they might be interested. Sorry for the non PSB topic.

This comes from the Depeche Mode site
http://www.depechemode.com/news/index.html#fcc

Due to the recent breast-baring incident by Janet Jackson,
and Bono's use of a vulgarity on the CBS network, the FCC
have now gone to the next step in securing the airwaves from
indecent material. The FCC have now started a serious
retroactive crackdown on indecent lyrics. Unfortunately,
Depeche Mode are one of the first bands to be victims of
this. A number of tunes, including fan favorites such as
"Personal Jesus", "Sea Of Sin" amd "I Want You Now" have
effectively been banned from U.S. airwaves.

Please tell me this is an April Fool's joke!

michael