[Introspective] Omitted Singles...just 3?

Remark Communications remark at mac.com
Sat Sep 20 12:29:45 PDT 2003

Hey Fellow Pets,

After reading the excellent tracklisting of PopArt, it seems the PSB
have left out just 3 singles:  "Was it worth it?", "Discoteca", and
"London".  (I'm not including AbFab).  If this is the case, then I
would say PopArt is a VERY comprehensive collection!  I think it's
wonderful.  Oh--and I think that it's even better that the songs are
not in chronological order.  I agree that if the songs were in
chronological order, many people who buy the album would only listen to
the first disc (all the stuff that was very popular).  By mixing it up,
it adds variety to the sound.

And one more thing--if the "average" fan were to pick up the CD and see
the "Mix" component, the remixer names alone would incite a purchase.
All big names--Shep, Moby, Sasha, Peter, Jam and Spoon, Blank and
Jones--seems like many people won't even know that the PSB worked with
such a variety of remixers.

<remark, closer to heaven>