[Introspective] Final results of PSB "Bright Young Things" poll

psbfan psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 25 23:13:05 PDT 2003

The final results are in of my poll this past week, in which I asked, in
light of the fact that the Pet Shop Boys' recordings have been rejected for
use in the movie, whether you're planning to see the new film "Bright Young
Things." And the option that received the most votes was:

* "I don't know or don't care," with 32.8% of the total vote.

Hmmm -- an interesting, if underwhelming, outcome. ;-)  At any rate, to see
the complete results, please visit my "Commentary" site at
http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and click on the link in the left
navigation bar to "Past Survey Results."

Of course, this means I have a new poll for the week ahead. And this one
gives us a chance to practice our "clairvoyance," both individually and
collectively. I'm asking you what you *honestly* believe will be the peak
position on the U.K. pop singles chart of the new PSB single "Miracles"
when it's released a few weeks. Not where you *hope* it will peak -- after
all, most (if not all) of us would want it to hit #1. But where do you
actually think it will peak? As always, you can make your choice right
there on my home page. (And thanks to Matteo for suggesting this intriguing
question!)

Incidentally, certain inconclusive research has suggested that collective
predictions tend to be more accurate than individual ones. So it will be
interesting to see whether the outcome of this survey ends up "forecasting"
how it will actually turn out. Only time will tell.

In the meantime, thanks to everyone who voted in last  week's survey!  And
I hope you all have a marvelous week ahead!