[Introspective] iTunes Music Store and Pet Shop Boys!

Remark Communications remark at mac.com
Thu Oct 16 21:16:51 PDT 2003

Hello Petheads!

Well you guys may have all seen that Apple released the iTunes Music
Store for Windows today (www.itunes.com) and of course it was already
available for Mac.  This thing kicks butt!  Most importantly, they have
totally expanded their Pet Shop Boys offerings (including almost every
"Further Listening" release), and moreover, have the most amazing bio
on the duo!  A brief snippet:  "Not only is ex-rock critic Neil Tennant
smarter than you, he knows it, too.  Luckily, paired with keyboardist
Chris Lowe, the Pet Shop Boys are delightful, droll fun."  Also--they
have an entire area for "Influencers and Contemporaries"--which
features all kinds of other music that inspired the PSB and artists
that have been inspired by the PSB.

This is great stuff!  Certainly the best overall jukebox/music download
solution for PCs and Mac and of course it works with the amazing iPod.
Try it out--it's a free download!  Only sad thing--it's only available
to U.S. customers due to licensing issues that have yet to be worked
out with all labels worldwide.  Although I think I read somewhere that
Europe and Canada will get the store in the spring.  Thank god that
Apple is providing Pet Shop Boys an opportunity to get PAID for
downloads!

I can't wait to see them add PopArt! :) :)  Although, of course, I'll
buy the actual CD for all the Farrow packaging ;)

<remark, downloading dancing>