[Introspective] PopArt - what a bleedin' rip-off...

Andrew Wong andreww at unforgettable.com
Sun Nov 30 12:55:22 PST 2003

I've got a long car journey ahead of me, so I succumb and actually buy
Popart (3 CD version, naturally) in the shops.

Now, I don't know about you but when I buy a new CD, half the pleasure comes
in finally opening the thing, and reading what I can - the liner notes,
whatever. And on a Greatest Hits package, you'd expect at least some kind of
contextualising liner notes, perhaps a brief stop tour on the best songs, or
even a few words from the Pets.

What do you get on PopArt? Nothing. Nada. Three CD sleeves, three CDs,
publishing notes and some photographs. What's there to look at?

What a rip-off.

btw, the Pets on Graham Norton. Neil looked his age - and should *not* be
wearing leather trousers. And Chris looks like a dude-esque blonde surfer.

Maybe I'm just getting bitter.
---
http://www.badlydubbedboy.co.uk