[Introspective] download thingy

Scott Marshall marshall.scott at rogers.com
Sun Nov 30 02:53:09 PST 2003

basically ya'll need to find a little program called ASFrecorder.  It allows you to drop in the link of any windows media file like files that start with MMS:// when you look at the properties of a link, and it "tells" the web site that you are getting it from that it is basically windows media player trying to "play" the stream, when in fact it just downloads the stream.  I first us4ed it years ago to "stream" (read "record") the Nightlife performance that the boys did at the House of Blues in Atlanta.  Works like a charm.

sometimes with the media streamsfrom windows you have to get the properties of the media link, and find the path, then download the media "shortcut" usually an .asf file, which you can then open in a text editor and get the actual link to the file on the server.

I know it sounds a little technical, perhaps a little too geeky for some, but with a little bit of time and some understanding of internet links, shortcuts, etc. its possible to rip/download this stuff.

I wish i could get flash streams ripped but i haven't figured that one out yet.

scott.
toronto.

oh, <aside>, was in HMV today (enemy territory) the 3 disc PopArt isnt even in their catalogue!!!!

hello EMI WAKE UP!

s.