[Introspective] PopArtMix - impressions

Dave Ewart davee at sungate.co.uk
Wed Nov 26 09:33:24 PST 2003

On Tuesday, 25.11.2003 at 19:14 -0000, Ramzy Alwakeel wrote:

> OK...match the song with the observation.  They're in the order they
> appear on the album.

OK, I'll bite ...

> * the single/album version from 1993, but with slight changes at 4:24

I can only deduce you mean "Go West", although I can't hear any clear
difference.

> ** ending extended by 7 seconds

"Always on my mind"

> *** the same basic version as the seven-inch from 1993, but mixed down
> quite differently, particularly during the middle section

That's "I wouldn't normally ...", I think - hadn't noticed until you
mentioned it, but the instrumentation is actually very different.  Seems
almost like a complete PSB-remixes-Beatmasters-remixes-PSB thing.

> **** 4 seconds=92 more introduction than the 1985 seven-inch mix

"West End Girls"

> ***** the standard radio edit, but with slight changes between 0:22
> and 0:24

Given that you've said that these tracks are in order, this must be one
of "I get along", "So hard", "Rent" or "Jealousy".  After listening to
them all closely, I can't hear anything different with any of them.

> ****** ending extended by 7 seconds

"DJ culture"

> *is nerdy*

Oh yes.  So how did I do?