[Introspective] PSB in fashion ad

Zopol krlemieux at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 11 16:53:42 PST 2003

I don't know if this has already made it on to the list, but here
goes. There is a new magazine called VMAN (premiere issue is
Fall/Winter 2003/4) aimed at the fashion, music, metrosexual crowd
(with a definite gay spin). Karl Lagerfeld does a photo editorial,
Catherine Deneuve is interviewed and Peaches talks about her new
album.
	Anyway, it's really fab and hip. But the best part is an
advertisement for Comme des Garcons Shirt. There's a wacky close up
of fish from a still life painting and two separate books with Pet
Shop Boys lyrics. The box at the top says 'Sooner or later, this
happens to everyone, to everyone'. The box near the bottom says 'To
fall in love, is it so uncool?'
	I think its the first time I've seen a fashion ad in a glossy
magazine quoting the Pet Shop Boys, maybe the first time a fashion ad
has quoted pop lyrics at all. I thought I'd pass the info along.

Kelly Lemieux