[Introspective] Alcazar "Love Life" by Tennant/Lowe

Robert Velén robert at velen.com
Wed May 14 22:40:38 PDT 2003

Hi Introspecters!

Quote:
9. Chemistry
(Wollbeck/Lindblom/Aleena)
Comment: After "Not a Sinner Nor a Saint", this might be the best song on
the album. Once again, the melancholic streak. Reminds me of Pet Shop Boys
actually.

10. Love Life
(Tennant/Lowe)
Produced by Lindblom/Wollbeck
Comment: This song was written by the Pet Shop Boys and produced by Vacuum!
A match made in Heaven! Melancholic but with a very strong chorus. Vacuum
did an excellent job in preserving the special PSB flavour while letting
Alcazar make it their own. Many blips and blops and much strings! I
actually heard this song with Neil Tennant's vocals on top a few weeks ago,
when I talked to Mattias on the phone. They had just done the arrangement,
but had not yet recorded Alcazar's vocals. Didn't hear the much over the
mobile phone though, but it was enough to make me realize that this track
would be worth waiting for.

For more info, check out the Alcazar websites the next few days:
www.alcazarworld.com
www.alcazarmagic.com

Quote end.

Best regards