[Introspective] Re: naming bands and a Trivia Question

Johan johan at private.dk
Tue Jun 24 12:51:01 PDT 2003

In this case, I don't think the exact titles were paramount to Neil. As a
songwriter, you have to cut a few corners to make things rhyme and fit in
with the rhythm and flow of the song. I certainly can't see Neil
restructuring the whole song because he wanted the song title to be 'Love is
a stranger' rather than 'Love is strange'. The reference to the particular
songs is not important - he merely uses their titles to describe his own
feelings - or set the mood of the situation.

So, to answer your question: Yes, I think Neil could very well have renamed
the song to make it fit (if indeed - which we have no indication of - he was
really thinking of 'Love is a stranger').