[Introspective] naming bands

David Spedding spedders at spedders.worldonline.co.uk
Fri Jun 13 01:25:27 PDT 2003

Just listening to My Robot Friend - We're The Pet Shop Boys.

FWIW, not overly knocked out by it, but got to wondering how many bands
get themselves a title mention in other acts' singles/tracks? Tired
here, and can only think of the following. Seems it's a rare accolade.
(If you stick to acts that have actually graced the charts at some
point or another).

When I Kiss You (I hear Charlie Parker playing) - Sparks
There's A Guy Works Down The Chip Shop Swears He's Elvis - Kirsty
McColl [RIP]

Any advance?

spedders