[Introspective] Final results of The Rating Project: Nightlife b-sides/Further Listening bonus songs

psbfan psbfan at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 13 00:06:23 PDT 2003

The final results are in of my Pet Shop Boys poll this past week -- the
continuation of my Rating Project, which asked my site visitors to rate on
a scale of 0-10 each of the "Nightlife era" b-sides and the previously
unreleased demos on the 2001 reissue "For Further Listening" discs. And the
song that received the highest average rating was:

* "So Sorry, I Said," with an average rating of 7.754.

This was high enough for it to edge out last week's highest-rated song,
"Delusions of Grandeur," for the #15 spot in the cumulative ratings. To see
the complete results, please visit my "Commentary" site at
http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and click on the link in the left
navigation bar to "Past Survey Results." And to see the cumulative ratings,
simply click on the "Extras" link in the left nav and then select "The
Rating Project" from the Extras menu.

Of course, this means there's another batch o' tracks to rate for the week
ahead: the new songs on "Disco 3" as well as the b-sides of the "Release
era" singles. So please take a minute or two to visit my site and rate each
of those songs on the 0-10 scale.

Thanks to everyone who voted in last week's poll!  I hope you're not
getting tired of the ratings. We have only a few more weeks to go --
another three or four at the most -- and then we'll be all done with the
Boys' songs (at least until they release some more). Thank you for your
continued interest and support! And I hope you all have a very good week
ahead!