[Introspective] Nightlife mixdowns?

Daniel McCarthy Daniel McCarthy" <dpmccart@artsci.wustl.edu
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 03:45:56 -0600

Can anyone with better ears than me confirm whether the US promo CD for
Nightlife (31086-2P) is in fact a different mixdown from the commercial
version?  A trader on Ebay was claiming that it was, and now that I listen
it *does* sound a little different, just minutely.  The track times look to
be the same.  Does anyone hear any difference, maybe the vocals are sharper
or production is a little more detailed?  (If it's a mixdown difference the
only distinction should be in the levels of the various sounds, right?)