[Introspective] Disco3 first impressions

Tom Davies tom@awesome.uk.com
Tue, 14 Jan 2003 09:24:33 -0000

I've some most of it, and its pretty good:

Time On My Hands: Electroclash track with Chris saying "17, 18, 19 Party"
throughout and Neil singing some muffled lyrics, one of them being "Time on
my hands". Has a noisy, dirty production and is more of a track than a song,
but it does sound very authentic.

Somebody Else's Business: Chris Zippel track and a far more conventional PSB
song. The production is standard PSB Dance-lite, but with a little more
sparkle thanks to Chris Zippel. As a song itself its no classic but overall
the track works ok.

Home Remix: Quite a departure from the album version, this an attempt at a
trance remix. It starts off text book Ferry Corsten style trance (abeit
slower and more lightweight, in typical PSB style), and after ann extended
building intro the song starts. We also then get treated to ultra cheesy
synced synth leads......

London (Thee Radikal Blakelite Mix): My favourite track from what I've
heard. Most of you will presumably have this already and will not need any
commentary on it.

Try It: Pretty much as in the John Peel session

If Looks Could Kill: Different production to the JP session; no better, no
worse. EP keyboard sounds replaced by synths and a kind of sawtooth
continuous bassline has been added.

Overall: Better than Release (obviously), but its certainly no Relentless.
Still, I think I will buy it (unlike Release).