[Introspective] PSB and Yoko mix Lennon for single

zazou173 zazou173 at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 17 19:42:34 PST 2003

Forgive me if this has been mentioned here and I missed it. From
Billboard/Reuters:

Yoko Ono has recorded a dance version of her late husband John Lennon's
final song, her U.K. record label said. Ono has teamed up with British pop
act the Pet Shop Boys for a dance remix of the Lennon song "Walking on Thin
Ice."

"It's not clear when it's going to be released," a spokesperson for
Parlophone said, adding: "I've heard it, it's very good."

Lennon was killed by crazed fan Mark Chapman outside his Manhattan apartment
building in December 1980. After marrying in 1969, Ono and the rock icon had
moved to New York in the early '70s. The couple had been working on the
track before he died. It was released two months afterwards when it reached
No. 25 on the U.K. singles chart.

The new single is due to get its first public performance in the U.S. today,
according to the Web site of disc jockey Danny Tenaglia, who remixed the
record. Ono plans to premiere the record with Tenaglia at New York's Arc
club on the eve of her 70th birthday. It is unknown if the blizzard that has
paralyzed much of the region will hamper those plans.