[Introspective] Re: "Disco" myth

The Virtual One mats-bjo at dsv.su.se
Thu Feb 6 16:12:28 PST 2003

On Thu, 6 Feb 2003, Paulo wrote:

> > Uhm, the mix of WEG is still unavailable elsewhere, the
> > Paninaro mix could only be found on the ultra-scarce Italian
> > 12" (good luck finding a copy today!), the mix of
> > Opportunities (Version Latina) is only available on the also
> > very scarce remix 12" of Opportunities. The Shep Pettibone
> > mix of LCQ was unavailable to all us Europeans, in fact
> > everyone outside the U.S. - I'd say that the original
> > Disco-album is a bloody good collection, at least for us
> > collectors and mix-lovers!
> >
> > /Mats
> >

> Hi Mats,
>
> Not wanting to get picky but the mix of Paninaro on Disco is the same as the
> one on the Suburbia 12", which was not all that rare at the time. Are you
> thinking of the Ian Levine mix which does not appear on Disco??

No, there's no 12" mix of Paninaro on the Suburbia 12", it's unique to the
Paninaro 12"

/Mats

                *   Mats Bjorkman,  Spare Time Investigator   *
                                   - - - - -
                               mats-bjo at dsv.su.se
      http://www.dsv.su.se/~mats-bjo and http://www.thepetshopboys.co.uk
                      ICQ: 2881021 / GSM: +46 73 736 5009
                                   - - - - -
             'Because you dance to disco, and you don't like rock'