[Introspective] Re: "Disco" myth

. RLD waxxxtrax at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 5 18:14:29 PST 2003

>Well, though I agree with every single Mats' word, my reason is and has
>always been a little bit different - I just still think the mixes on Disco
>are the best versions of all the songs included!!! And that's all I need to
>love the album.... Sorry, but I really don't get the point of, for example,
>Supechumbo mix of Sexy Northerner! ;]

The Superchumbo remix is indeed weak. I think he is just very pleased with
himself for having all the latest gear to tweak Neil's vocals with. The
remix has some interesting effects on the vocals, but that is pretty much
it. His remix of BJ's "Get me off" was a little better, but not by much. In
general the dark tribal thing has gotten very boring; it relies too much on
the assurance that its audience is on drugs.  And any music style that
*counts* on that will be boring in the end.

I have not heard Disco3 yet.  That's what I get for pre-ordering from
Amazon.

PS: The remix of LCQ on Disco is fantastic.