[Introspective] curious

Mike Antonich mikea7 at provide.net
Sun Dec 21 10:58:35 PST 2003

Well I mentioned previously what a huge fan of Grandaddy I am so I
thought it was cool to see someone on the PSB list mention them. And I
think "Sumday" is far and away their best studio album. "The Warming
Sun" alone is one of the most beautiful tracks released all year, with
what happened in the last month in my personal life I could have written
this song. An absolute classic song.

One band who I finally gave a chance to this year were the Flaming Lips.
I don't believe the "Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots" CD came out this
year but I first heard it this year and there's another brilliant CD.
Funny thing, I first heard it at the Grandaddy show in Detroit when they
played the "Yoshimi" video before the concert, then  found out "Do You
Realize??" was them also, checked out the CD and loved it.

Can't remember if it was on your list but Plastikman's new CD also was a
highlight for me, the first time I ever purchased anything of his. Some
scary stuff on this CD LOL.

MikeA