[Introspective] Re:Introspective Digest, Vol 12, Issue 18

ebrion@libertysurf.fr ebrion at libertysurf.fr
Wed Dec 17 22:44:52 PST 2003

Dear TCHM, (are those initials??)

I may have overreacted to your message about Iraq the other day, I don't know. I don't own Intro, and who am I to say what subjects should be addressed here?!

I actually find it very good that you care about what other people think: I have lived in California for more than a year, and I find appalling the level of information and understanding of American people of what goes around in the world. And considering the American army is the strongest in the world, that worries me a lot!

So please go on sharing your point of view with people, friends, etc.. that can only be good for everybody.

Elisabeth

--- Visually69 at aol.com wrote:

> A more latent but no less relevant topic is
> whether Saddam has any gay tendencies.  I
> can't see him being a topper, for instance.

According to the South Park movie, Saddam is an abusive prick who
enjoys playing mind game in his same-sex relationships.  He made Satan
his bitch.

> This business of having/sharing an opinion
> on Saddam/Iraq is utterly pretentious and
> stuffy on this list.  Since this a PSB list, the
> only thing that seems relevant to me is how
> these recent events connect to PSB's "DJ
> Culture" from 12 years ago. It's interest how
> relevant the song still is, and it'd be really
> cool to see Neil and Chris knock up a
> sequel that incorporates recent events.

I don't mind the occasional opinion on politics and war here.  I always
like knowing what you all think about economics, government, and
politics in general, especially since I'm in the US and I don't get
overseas as much as I'd like.  I live in a university town where 25% of
the student body of 50,000 are from abroad which gives me some contact
with foreigners but the PSB fan base is also a good window to the world
for me.  I like to think that the fan base is diverse and represents
many socioeconomic backgrounds, and your opinions matter to me.

Pet Shop Boys music deals with important issues now and then, I don't
think anyone can deny that.  It doesn't mean we're snobby, pretentious
geniuses because we listen to it, but their music can serve as a
starting point for people to discuss important issues that face
everyone.  If you love their music and you're an introspective person
you're bound to think about the human condition and how it relates to
the music, and vice-versa.

--
TCHM

********** L'ADSL A 20 EUR/MOIS**********
Avec Tiscali, l'ADSL est à 20 EUR/mois. Vous pourrez chercher longtemps avant de trouver moins cher !
Pour profiter de cette offre exceptionnelle, cliquez ici : http://register.tiscali.fr/adsl/
Offre soumise à conditions.