[Introspective] Musical Diversity....

Scott Marshall marshall.scott at rogers.com
Sat Dec 13 14:18:49 PST 2003

OK, so we are rapidly approaching the holidays, and since its the season for giving (Minge get your mind out of the gutter) :)  I thought i would share what I'm listening to right now, and since I'm on soulseek ya'll can download to your hearts content.  My user name is 'merboy' send me an email with your username if you use soulseek and I'll add you to the friends list so you can download faster.

here we go: (and apologies because I know some of these have been discussed previously)

Air - 10,000Hz Legend
Alison Moyet - Hometime <---- smokey, love it!
Apoptygma Berzerk aka APTB - Harmonizer
Apoptygma Berzerk aka APTB - Welcome to Earth
Archive - Londinium
Archive - You All Look the Same to Me
Autechre - Draft 7.30
Basement Jaxx - Kish Kash <--- fantastic work!
Benny Benassi - Hypnotica   <---- apparently big in europe, i had no idea, great beats
BT - Emotional Technology
Fischerspooner - #1  <---- back in the studio as of the end of October, cant wait!
Frost - Melodica  <-------- OMG!  LOVE THESE GUYS!  "cousins" to Royksopp. get it, NOW!
Gilles Peterson - BrokenFolkFunkLatinSoul  <--- album title really does say it all.
Goldfrapp - Black Cherry
Goldfrapp - Felt Mountain <--- spectacular!
Grandaddy - Sumday (yay double disc avec live performance!)
Grandaddy - The Software Slump
Iris - Disconnect
Iris - Awakening
James Holden - Balanced 005 <--- surprise hit for a compilation, but if Sasha and Digweed see fit
                                                  to spin his stuff i'll try it....glad I did, he has a fantastic ear and this double
                                                  set is super tight.
Kings of Convienence - Versus
Ladytron - 604
Ladytron - Light & Magic
Ladytron - Softcore Jukebox <--- their latest offering, not as good as the other two but worth a listen
Lamb - What Sound
Lamb - Fear of Fours
Lamb - Between Darkness and Wonder
Marianne "I sound like your grandmother" Faithfull - Kissin' Time
Pet Shop Boys - duh!
Ralph Myerz & The Jack Herren Band - Special Album   <----- weird band name, KILLER album!!!
Royksopp - Melody AM  <---- if you've heard it you know, no comment necessary!
Telepopmusik - Genetic World