[Introspective] Dolby 5.1

:: richardjohn :: rjohnuk at clara.co.uk
Fri Aug 22 16:27:39 PDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Gessing" <jgessing1 at comcast.net>
To: <introspective at tcp.com>
Sent: Friday, August 22, 2003 5:54 AM
Subject: [Introspective] Dolby 5.1

> Peter Gabriel, and The Rolling Stones have remastered quite a bit of their back
catalog for the SACD (5.1) format.
> I think at least Please, Very, and Discography would be solid sellers in the SACD,
or DVD-Audio markets.

actually, the only peter gabriel album that is 5.1 is Up. the other discs are simply
2 channel DSD SACDs.

i think the stones albums are 2 channel DSD SACDs as well.

Similarly, the only Police reissue that's multi-channel is the "best of" SACD, the
others are 2 channel.

-- Richard John
e: rjohnuk at clara.co.uk | blog: http://feduciary.blogspot.com