[Introspective] as-yet unammed DVD video collection & Dolby 5.1?

Two divided by zero 2by0 at twodividedbyzero.com
Wed Aug 20 23:56:37 PDT 2003

Colm Patrick Gormley wrote:

> I think that would involve remastering all the tracks, a long process.....
> But technically it can be done.

But musically this remastering is very controversial. The songs were not
made thinking of this format, so rematering from simple stereo to 5.1 can
destroy the musical concept of an entire song.

The 5.1 applies perfectly for movies and arguably for shows, when you can
hear de sound of the audience behind you when you listen the show in simple
stereo. But for plain music is not yet a useful mix standard.

[]s

2/0

---
Check out TWO DIVIDED BY ZERO new track:

I | N | T | R | O | S | P | E | C | T | I | V | E
http://www.twodividedbyzero.com/music/trax/introspective.mp3
from the forthcoming album A P P E A R E N C E
http://www.twodividedbyzero.com
mailto:contact at twodividedbyzero.com