[Introspective] Discography 2 tracks, was: Final results ofthe final round of the Rating Project

David C. Dawson davidcdawson at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 11 15:47:54 PDT 2003

There's no maybe about it; they've already said more than once on the
website that it would be a career retrospective, not Discography 2.  I agree
that it's a stupid idea, but what can you do?  There's no question that past
the first two Very singles, the Boys' popularity has very much been on the
decline in the general public.  Consider that the last compilation had four
#1 singles and a Discography 2 would have none.  Erasure are doing the same
thing as the Boys in terms of a new compilation.  They've already announced
the track listing for that, and it's woeful to say the least, taking 13 of
its tracks from the Pop! compilation, plus throwing on a remix of one of the
oldies, and only adding 5 new songs...brutal.  They have announced that
there will be a 2-disc version of that, however, although what is on the
second disc has not been revealed.  Filling it with the remaining singles to
make a complete collection would be a good idea, as I think it would be with
the Boys.

David