[Introspective] Discography 2 tracks, was: Final results ofthe final round of the Rating Project

:: richardjohn :: rjohnuk at clara.co.uk
Mon Aug 11 15:02:08 PDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Two divided by zero" <2by0 at twodividedbyzero.com>
To: "Introspective" <introspective at tcp.com>
Sent: Monday, August 11, 2003 1:10 PM
Subject: Re: [Introspective] Discography 2 tracks, was: Final results ofthe final
round of the Rating Project

> But this will be only if they believe that this hypothetical Discography 2
> has commercial material on it. Maybe people at EMI don't think that these
> latest singles from PSB are commercial enough. Let's see what happens.
>
> Another thought: Maybe this new greatest hits album will be a double CD, so
> it could have all the singles released previously. A Discography 1 + 2
> album.
>
> []s
>
> 2/0

I can understand the little brains thinking at EMI (which frightens me).

They're probably thinking: "how can we put West End girls" onto a hits collection
that obviously won't stretch back to 1986? Whahay! make it a career retrospective.
that way people will buy all the tracks they have on the albums and Discography all
over again!". could you see a "Discography 2: 1992 - 2002" with a sticker on it "also
includes their first #1 West End girls!" (I guess they could always remix it...
again)

And they wonder why the record industry is in decline... listen to the f**king fans.

-- Richard John
e: rjohnuk at clara.co.uk | blog: http://feduciary.blogspot.com