[Introspective] Scale for the Surverys

David C. Dawson davidcdawson at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 21 22:26:26 PDT 2003

fair enough, people will have different ratings, but that problem would
affect any rating scale, regardless of the numbers used.  i appreciate the
10 point scale because it gives me a wider range of options...thereby
allowing me to rate "later tonight" as SLIGHTLY better than "i want a
lover", which is my personal opinion.  if a four or five point scale were
used, i couldnt make that differentiation.  i think the ratings would mean
less.  i didn't give a 10 for anything on please either, incidentally, and i
will reserve those for my few personal favourite standout tracks (this must
be the place i waited years to leave, to be certain).  it's just a matter of
thinking of the whole catalogue in your head and figuring out where songs
go.  if you don't find anything on "please" to be deserving of a 9 or 10,
that's ok too...just as long as you don't refuse to ever give them
out...remember the criteria stated that you are rating psb songs against
other psb songs...not all songs in general.  therefore, you must necessarily
give out some 9s and 10s at some point.

i'll stop rambling now and go back to lurking

david