[Introspective] Re:Saucer of milk for Mr Tennant please.

Visually69 at aol.com Visually69 at aol.com
Sat Apr 12 07:49:34 PDT 2003

>Shameless
>How Can You Expect To Be Taken Seriously?
>Yesterday When I Was Mad

>Has it ever been established who was being bitched about in the above
>songs? If not, what were the most convincing suggestions? And have I
>missed any other obvious 'bitch' tracks?

I'm sure someone on this list can make (or purport to make) an almost
definitive list of characters, but the PSB have mainly kept to making general
comments.  With "Shameless," Neil said it related to something like "the
usual suspects." When HCYETBTS was out, there was some mention of people like
Sting or Bono, but the song was meant to refer to anyone who may fit into
that category. YWIWM is about all the artificial praise, critiques, and
bullshit surrounding the 1991 Performance tour.

In order to find specific jabs at specific people, reading "Pet Shop Boys,
Literally. . ." or "Pet Shop Boys Versus America" is the thing to do.   By
reading Literally, one can see where HCYETBTS comes from, and by reading PSB
Vs. America, you can see where YWIWM comes from.

-Ali