[Introspective] Re: West End Girls remix?

Remark Communications remarkcentral@earthlink.net
Sat, 30 Nov 2002 10:56:43 -0500

> Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 22:45:14 -0600
> From: Paolo Bientinesi <pauldj@cs.utexas.edu>
> Subject: West End Girls remix?
>
> Hi guys,
> tonight I've heard two italian dj/producers (Andreino and Sandro
> Russo - MAS COLLECTIVE) spin this house/hard house track CLEARLY
> inspired by WEG.
> It's definitily more than just an inspiration, WEG bassline is
> pretty much there and there are a couple of stops in the middle
> of the track that make it clear.
> Also a padding is taken and distorted. Of course everything is
> covered with effects and a steady kickline.
> It's about 132bpm (I'm guessing) and no vocals (only effects I
> think); it sounds darkish and it's very catchy to a used PSB
> listener.
>
> Do you know anything about this?

Hi Paolo--

I have this record and it is VERY GOOD.  It is a bootleg house mix of
West End Girls, marketed as "West End".  The track is by The Sausage
Kings of Chicago, on Numeric recordings out of NYC.  It is a darn good
track; very Chicago-house influenced and certainly very catchy.  I
played this track a few weeks ago at a gig and it was "the song" of the
night--certainly for all those house-heads who are in their
late-twenties and who recognize the bassline from West End Girls.

GREAT STUFF!

<remark, in a west-end town>