[Introspective] Re: [petheads] Disco 3

Mark Reed Mark Reed" <mr.markreed@virgin.net
Thu, 5 Dec 2002 23:28:06 -0000

Shit no. I just hope it's far better than the waste of plastic that was
"Disco 2"

----- Original Message -----
From: "Phill" <Profoundgubbins@hotmail.com>
To: "Intro" <introspective@tcp.com>; "Petheads" <petheads@yahoogroups.com>;
<PSB_Off_Topic@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, December 05, 2002 11:12 PM
Subject: [petheads] Disco 3

Disco 3 - 12 November 02
Six months after the release of 'Please' in 1986, its dance-remix companion
'Disco' followed. In 1994, 'Very' was followed by 'Disco 2'. So in February
2003, 'Release' will be followed by 'Disco 3'.

However, unlike the first two 'Disco' albums, 'Disco 3' will include new
dance tracks recorded during the 'Release' sessions. The full track-listing
is as follows.

1. Time on my hands

2. Postive role model

3. Try it (I'm in love with a married man)

4. London (Thee Radikal Blaklite Edit)

5. Somebody else's business

6. Here (PSB new extended mix)

7. If looks could kill

8. Sexy Northerner (Superchumbo mix)

9. Home and dry (Blank and Jones mix)

10. London (Genuine Piano mix)

'Positive role model' and 'Somebody else's business' were recorded in Berlin
with Chris Zippel at the same time as 'London'.

'Try it (I'm in love with a married man)' is Pet Shop Boys' version of a
1983 Bobby 'O' song. A different version was heard on Radio One's John Peel
Show a few weeks ago.

'If looks could kill' is a new recording of a PSB song also heard on the
John Peel Show.

'Time on my hands' was written and recorded at the end of 2000 and recently
completed and mixed. It features vocals by both Chris Lowe and Neil Tennant.

'Disco 3' will be released internationally by Parlophone/EMI in early/mid
February. A limited edition, three-disc vinyl version will also be issued
with an enhanced track-listing including an extended mix of 'Somebody else's
business' and the WestBam remix of 'London'. Full details to be announced
shortly.

from psb.co.uk

Phill