[clamassassin-discuss] clamd crashes OpenBSD

Pollywog lists-clamassassin at shadypond.com
Thu Sep 25 10:29:46 PDT 2008

I am running Clamassassin as clamdscan in OpenBSD 4.3 and this *seems* to
crash the system every couple of days but sometimes twice in one day.  If I
disable clamassassin (but leave clamd enabled), the system does not crash.  I
have had the same problem with one other OpenBSD system, but not with FreeBSD
or Linux.  I do not see any problems in the clamd and freshclam logs.  I am
using Postfix in case this is important.

Are there known issues regarding Clamassassin on OpenBSD systems?

BTW I run clamassassin for each email with the following in
my /etc/procmailrc:

:0fw
| /usr/local/bin/clamdassassin

Is it possible that the problem is that I have not set a maximum size limit
for emails?

thanks