[clamassassin-discuss] Fw: Internal error

James Lick jlick at drivel.com
Wed Aug 25 18:58:41 PDT 2004

lnx wrote:

> I've just installed Clamassassin and an error message is appearing in
> the header, details below.

> The problem is that the script could not create tempfiles.  How do I
> correct this?

Is the temporary directory writable by the user your mail delivery agent
runs as (or writable by everyone)?  Is your mktemp installation actually
working?  Have you tried configuring a different temporary directory?
 From the README on setting the temporary directory:

> clamassassin uses a temporary directory to store some files during processing.
> Normally this is the /tmp directory, and in most cases this is the optimal
> choice.  In some cases you may choose to change this for various reasons.  To
> do so, set the TMP environment variable to the directory you wish to use.
> This directory will need to be writable by whichever user the script is run
> as.

This needs to be set before configure is run.  If you are still having
problems, please post the output of ./configure and the permissions of
the temporary directory being used.

--
James Lick -- 黎建溥 -- jlick at jameslick.com -- http://jameslick.com/