[clamassassin-announce] ClamAV 0.80rc compatibility with clamassassin 1.2.1

James Lick jlick at drivel.com
Mon Sep 20 22:03:57 PDT 2004

I've tested clamassassin against the ClamAV 0.80rc (release candidate)
that was recently announced.  There are some minor quirks related the
the new version string, but nothing critical.  Here is what you can expect:

Installation:
Detection of the version string will be incorrect, but the configuration
and installation will work correctly

Running:
The version string for ClamAV now includes the version of the daily
signature file, so this information will be repeated because
clamassassin also adds the signature file versions.

I will work on fixes for these minor problems, but they do not currently
impact functionality enough not to use the new release.

--
James Lick -- 黎建溥 -- jlick at jameslick.com -- http://jameslick.com/