[Trash-talk] scala anyone?

Rob at the Garbage Discography garbagedisco at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 31 09:09:35 PST 2005

Bill!

We are still recovering man!

Setlist:

(Intro: Johnny Cash - Hurt)
Queer
Bad Boyfriend
Supervixen
Stupid Girl
Special
Hammering In My Head
Shut Your Mouth
Vow
Bleed Like Me
I Think I'm Paranoid
Push It
Only Happy When It Rains
When I Grow Up
Why Do You Love Me

Encore:
Cherry Lips
Sex Is Not The Enemy
Right Between The Eyes

My Review (taken from my forum - so a little odd in places!)
What a gig! what a trip that was! OMG that was good! just got home and have
an amazing hang over just starting to kick in following our all night
partying that followed the gig!

some time yesterday
So I get to the railway station and suddenly think hang on where do I get
the tickets from? Yeah after posting the info on where to pick them up from
I forget to bring the address with me! Anyway things turn out OK as Simon
one of my Garbage tour mates is leaving later on in the day so he sends me
the details via SMS so I can pick our tickets up.

I've arranged to meet Michel Rijkels at the Eurostar terminal which I do so
with Agota. So we are waiting for Michel and guess what Garbage are on the
same train as him so I manage to meet up with them all at around lunch time.
I had a long chat with Steve about the Remix Project and how cool the mixes
have been. I also presented him with a disc for them to check out with 4
mixes on 2 from both rounds. He said he knows my site and checks it out from
time to time. I'm thinking I wonder if he really does?!?.... He then goes
"so you must be Rob, I like the way you have the seperate Bootleg site as
well." I'm now in shock!

We then head off to the venue after a few more drinks and meet ups with
Tiago from the excelent garbagebox and Mark Perry who flew all the way over
from Australia for the two shows (Paris and London). Both very cool guys.
Nice to have met you both, I think we have converted Tiago in to a trash
tourer!

Outside the venue;
First things first hi to everyone I met from the board, @nette - That was
fine Norwegian beer (This girl can drink btw!), Strict_machineuk - thanks
for the goods!, loitering - congrats on the prize, no1 crush & no2 crush -
Thanks for the stella!, Jamesthegill - sorry you have the 2nd biggest! and
to anyone else who I may have missed off who I had never met in the past!

Caught up with some old friends from the European traverling fans I've known
for a few years (Elfie, Shell, Siren, Mel, Lou, Claire, Dave, Jeff plus a
load more). Nice to see you all again.

The Gig;
No support act whatsoever which I thought was going to make this gig a
little like the Astoria one from 2001 (the crowd was not warmed up at all),
how wrong was I!

Garbage are on top form, last nights show was as good as any show they did
on the Version 2.0 tour which I caught a hell of a lot of shows from, it was
amazing! If you have only seen Garbage on the BG tour and they perform like
they did last night you will not know what I mean but your be in for a
massive shock in the change!

The venue was so small you were within a meter from the stage, Steve played
guitar as hard as he always does, Duke was getting his riffs spot on, Butch
was smashing his drums harder and harder with every beat, and as for Shirley
she was also on top form even though she did fuck up a couple of times! Erik
the new bass player was interesting, Stupid Girl sounded kind of different
and his stage presence that Dan had during that song has been somewhat lost.
Stupid Girl was Dans song so hopefull Erik will be able to make it his soon.

Some new intros and changes to tracks worth noting;
WIGU is given a more funky feel at the start by Duke.
BLM (tune) is different in the middle.
OHWIR was also slightly different to previous tours.

BTW: This ones for Breakinguptheguy - Vow last night was the best I have
ever seen it, if you were there you would have been taking back your
comments about it being dropped from live performances! The band had the
crowd in their pocket for the whole song!

The gig ends with Right Between the Eyes which when I see it on the set list
from Paris I thought it was odd to end with but it soon becomes apparent
why, the end of the song Shirley storms of stage and the boys play harder
than they have during the show for a couple of minutes. Just like they did
with YLSF except personally I think that's a better track to end on.

After the gig
There must have been 30 or 40 people outside after the show and both Shirley
and Butch stopped to sign autographs, photos and talk. Steve did come out
but I missed him not sure where he went but I know he did sign autographs
for quite a few people. Duke was enjoying quality time at the after show
party catching up on time with Roxy (his daughter) I'm told.

The party after!
that's not for print but it involved very, very heavy drinking till 7am and
2 random Norwegians asking to join in at around 5am!

People going to the Hamberg show on Sunday, Butch said that they will be
playing 3 more tracks from Bleed Like Me (Metal Heart, Happy Home and Run
Baby Run.

Rob

Home to the Garbage Discography
http://www.garbagedisco.com
Join the forum and discuss your collections
http://www.garbagedisco.com/forum