[Trash-talk] a sad day in philadelphia...

Brendan Kelly garbageotaku at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 25 12:34:10 PST 2005

Yesterday, Thursday 2/24, Philadelphia's last alternative rock station, Y100 (100.3 FM) was taken off the air.  To my knowledge, this was the ONLY radio station playing WDYLM.  In fact, it was the only radio station playing ANY rock released within the past year.  The best thing we have now is 94.1 WYSP, which sometimes plays 90's alt-rock if they have time between Ozzy, Metallica, and Aerosmith (don't expect to hear any Garbage on there).

On top of that, it was at Y100's Sonic Session with Garbage that I got to meet the band for the first time.  And the staff at the studio that day were fantastically cool to boot!

If you guys would be so kind, please check out www.y100rocks.com and sign the petition there to try and get Y100 back on the air.  The former Y100 staff members have also set up a streaming internet radio station there, so they can at least keep broadcasting on that medium.

If nothing happens to remedy this situation, I fear Philadelphia's airwaves will be completely void of any Garbage, especially the new Bleed Like Me tracks.  If anyone else has news on this, or knows of another alt-rock station in the works for philly, please do tell.

- g.o.