[Trash-talk] Re: Please cut back the ngr posts

Alan Hoppe scully_itsme at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 19 04:20:04 PST 2004

i thought it as pretty interesting that a request would be made regarding
what topics should and shouldn't be posted on trash-talk. i mean,
considering it's trash-talk. this list has seen all sorts of flamewars, and
in the most recent instance, it was actually all being discussed without any
drama or intense weirdness.

but i suppose this can be viewed as a reason to be very afraid, when a list
as crazy and free as trash-talk suddenly is worried about *gasp* saying
anything negative about *cough* the current US gov't administration. heaven
forbid people share a view that could possibly be questioning things like US
foreign policy - that's become a big-time taboo apparently. we must instead
by happy law-abiding little robot people, speaking only of garbage, because
that is just the way trash-talk is meant to be, right?

the only reason i didn't say anything before was because i'm probably the
last person on this list who should post anything serious - that's not one
of my strong suits. so i'd left it alone before. i suppose i can understand
someone being concerned that the list could get overrun with a bunch of
off-topic posts that get out of hand, but it seems both ironic (considering
the amount of stuff i've witnessed here in the past) and ill-advised
(because it opens a big can of worms - who is to decide what is deemed
within correct bounds and OK, and what renders someone needing to be spanked
and moderated?).

anyway .. elfie - i hope you stick around. you know i love ya. you are like
.. the garbage love child or something. the wee french jesus. our goddess
and savior! (sharing duties with shirley, of course .. when she's not off
writing her online diary, which contains some rants that i really enjoy,
regarding politics and social issues etc etc).

love,
alan