[Introspective] Final results of poll on attending Super Tour shows

Wayne Studer psbfan at geowayne.com
Sat Oct 22 22:12:31 PDT 2016

The final results are in for my survey this past week, in which I asked
my site visitors whether they were planning to attend (or already had
attended) any of the show on the Pet Shop Boys' current Super Tour? And
the response that received the most votes was:

* "Yes!" picked by 46.5% of the voters.

The majority "No" responses were divvied up amongst assorted
explanations for why those voters wouldn't be attending. To see the
complete results, please visit my "Commentary" site at
http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and select one of the "Past Survey
Results" options in the top navigation bar, or click the appropriate
link on my "What's New?" page.

My new poll for the week ahead is inspired by the fact that the Nobel
Prize committee announced week before last that they are awarding the
2016 Nobel Prize in Literature to Bob Dylan, the first time an artist
primarily known as a songwriter has been granted that honor. Not
surprisingly, this has proven a controversial decision, largely hingeing
on whether one regards song lyrics as poetry or even "literature" -- or,
perhaps more pointedly, whether great lyrics equal great
poetry/literature, and whether a great lyricist is a great poet. So
regular site visitor "porkchopkid" suggested a poll question that I've
modified slightly. As I'm phrasing it, do you consider Neil Tennant to
be great lyricist, a great poet, both, or neither? So please take a
moment to make your choice from the options provided right there on my
home page. And thanks, porkchopkid, for the intriguing suggestion!

Thanks as well to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I wish
you all a marvelous week ahead!