[Introspective] Poll ends soon on which recent PSB single would have been the biggest hit if they were younger

Wayne Studer psbfan at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 10 21:12:43 PDT 2014

Hey there! Tomorrow (Saturday) is the last full day of my current poll,
which is based on the idea that the Pet Shop Boys' fortunes on the singles
charts have declined in recent years largely on account of the ageism
inherent in pop music (it being a "young person's game"). After all, most
other major artists of their age have similarly had difficulty scoring major
hit singles in recent years. At any rate, I'm asking which of the Pet Shop
Boys' singles released in the current decade you believe would have proved
the biggest hit -- or would have had the best chance of being a big hit at
all -- if they were a young band (say, in their 20s) just starting out? If
you haven't voted yet, please take a moment to visit my "Commentary" site at
http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and make your choice from the options
provided right there on my home page.

On Sunday I will end this poll, post the final results, and launch a new
survey for the week ahead.

Thanks to everyone who has already voted! And I hope you all have a
wonderful weekend!